Problems with batch_add Problems with batch_add

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Problems with batch_add

Started by muepe, March 13, 2005, 02:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muepe

Hi,

I think I have read almost everything posted in this forum about batch-add-problems but not solved mine yet.
I have installed the newest version and already uploded about 400 pics via batch add. Everything worked fine. (see here)
Now I wanted to upload the remaining pictures (another 300 in 6 albums) and always get broken images when trying to batch-add. Also, when trying to manually upload pictures, i got a 403-Error.
I already tried CHMOD 755 and 777, change language into english but nothing helps.
I am a little confused because everything worked fine with the first albums and pics.
Any Idea?  ???
Thank you!
Regards, muepe

muepe

Update: I just tried to batch-add another 54 pictures. The result: with the first 52 i got the same problem (broken image), the last 3 were put in the gallery correctly.
Even more confused now...

Casper

Please give a deep link to one of the images that failed
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

muepe

Hi Casper,

Thanks for your assistance!
Here is the deep link
In the meantime, I have activated the debug-mode and got the following output when trying to batch-add:
QuoteNotice: Undefined variable: fullimagesize in /kunden/fussballstadion-muenchen.de/webseiten/gallery/searchnew.php on line 136
Notice: Undefined variable: fullimagesize in /kunden/fussballstadion-muenchen.de/webseiten/gallery/searchnew.php on line 137

Tranz

hm, see if changing the extension from JPG to jpg helps.

muepe

Tranz

I saved that file to my computer and was able to batch upload it fine. Have you made changes to any part of your system? Even the computer, did you install new security software, hardware?

Which language file did you use? This thread with a similar issue indicates it's an issue with the language file. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8477.0

Another thing... have you checked your disk storage use?

muepe

Hi TranzNDance,

I did not make any changes to my computer. Even if I shutdown all my security software nothing changes.
I use the regular German language file (not UTF-8). I always tried the engish ones as already suggested in the forum but it doesn't help either.
As to my disk storage: i should have about 100MB left on my server.

If it helps, shall I reinstall the whole software? Should be no problem as the Gallery is not yet online for puiblic.

Another thing I just found out: The software seems to be able to create thumbs without problems (they are existing in den files-directory). The problem seems to exist with creating pictures in intermediate size. Maybe?

Thanks again and regards,
Peter

muepe

Another Update:

I have just reinstalled the whole software (including database). Then I again tried to batch-add all pictures without changing anything before (no language changes, no themes changes and so on). I just changed my thumbs size and my intermediate pics size.
EXACTLY the same pictures refused before reinstalling were refused again.

Do I have to check the format of the pics? Can I try anything else?
If anybody wants to get an account to check whats going on please let me know. If I shall post further information please also let know.

Thanks everybody supporting me in advance.

Joachim Müller

Do I understand this right: you can upload some files, while you can't upload other files? If yes, then post a deep link to a file that you're not able to upload.

Joachim

Tranz

One of the files is here:

but I was able to batch add it on my system.

muepe

@GauGau

Yes, you're right.
I have, after reinstalling the software, managed to upload about 400 pics. Then, one albums was refused, another one went in the system right, another five were refused, another five went in right, and out of the last directory with 54 pics, only the last three went in right, the others were refused.

You can see the result here.

@all: Is there any further information i can provide to help you helping me with my problem?

Again, thanks for supporting me!

Joachim Müller

I told you to post a deep link to a file that can't be added to the coppermine database using batch-add, I don't care for those you were able to upload successfully.
A deep link would be something like http://www.stadion-muenchen.de/gallery/albums/some_folder/another_folder/my_file_that_failed_to_be_batch-added.jpg

Joachim

muepe

Sorry, I thought you saw the link in the posting from TranzNDance.

Here some Deep-links:

Peter

Joachim Müller

The first 3 files don't exist, yet the pic number 4 is there. I downloaded it to my client and then tried to upload it to my test gallery. This is what I get:
QuoteThe image you have uploaded is corrupted or can't be handled by the GD library
. I'm currently working with my notebook (I don't have the necessary desktop software installed on it), so I can't tell you what exactly is wrong with the pic, but it appears that your image files just are corrupted. Make sure those files are actually valid jpeg images (and not some bmp files with the extension renamed to jpeg) and that they are in RGB format (no CMYK support using GD). Don't let yourself get fooled if your desktop app can open the files just fine...

Joachim

muepe

Joachim:
Sorry, the first three should be .jpg instead of .JPG. My mistake.
Do you habe any idea how I can get the pictures "repaired"?
We receive them from visitors of our site and have no possibility to get them a second time.
Further, is there any chance to manually input the files in question in the system without using GD?
Last: I had first installed V1.2 on my local server and got all pictures in. Is it possible that this is a bug in V1.3?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Joachim Müller

Quote from: muepe on March 15, 2005, 07:56:54 AM
Do you habe any idea how I can get the pictures "repaired"?
Yes, use a proper desktop app to manipulate/create images (using the clipboard to copy'n paste the pic's contents into a fresh file might be a solution), e.g. Adobae Photoshop, Corel Photo Paint or similar (even MS Paint might work).

Further, is there any chance to manually input the files in question in the system without using GD?
Yes (although not recommended): create the intermediate file and the thumbnail on your client, ftp-upload and use batch-add: if a thumbnail and intermediate file exist, coppermine's batch-add doesn't try to create them from scratch, so GD won't be used.

Last: I had first installed V1.2 on my local server and got all pictures in. Is it possible that this is a bug in V1.3?
Not related at all, cpg1.2 would show the same error, as this is related to GD not being capable to handle your broken files, not coppermine.

Joachim

P.S. I attached a repaired version of one of your files as a proof of concept: I was able to upload it fine. I used MS Paint to fix it (as described above)

muepe

Well, I dont know how you did that but your file goes into the syetem without problems.
However, I tried for hours to get my pictures repaired with every available software (incl. Photoshop, MS Paint, IrfanView) but nothing works.
Is it possible that it depends on the filesize, too? The file you have repaired has not the original size but is much smaller. The files I tried to upload are between 100KB and 500KB. Should be no problem as other bigger pics already went in the system without making problems.

Another question: I always tried to save files via Photoshop using the Option "Save for Web" to get the pics smaller. Maybe this makes the pics unusable? Is there anything else with the settings I have to look at?
I dont know why but I'm not able to get the files repaired.

Regards, Peter

Joachim Müller

not sure about the exact steps in Photoshop, but this is what I did:
  • open the file in your desktop app
  • "Edit" - "select/highlight everything"
  • [Ctrl]+[C]
  • "File" - "New from clipboard"
  • "File" - "save as..."
  • choose a filename without special chars, choose jpg as extension