Permissions on the folder on the FTP Permissions on the folder on the FTP

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Permissions on the folder on the FTP

Started by cucuzza, March 31, 2005, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cucuzza

I was normally adding my pictures when i got this error message:

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 555 is not allowed to access ./albums/edit owned by uid 48 in /home/virtual/site48/fst/var/www/html/cucuzza/cpg132/upload.php on line 409

Warning: opendir(./albums/edit): failed to open dir: Success in /home/virtual/site48/fst/var/www/html/cucuzza/cpg132/upload.php on line 409

For some reason, I can upload files, one by one, but i still get the above error message. This, however, gets annoying and I would like to upload like my pictures i have been (multiple upload: 5 at a time). I checked the permissions on all of the folders necessary on the FTP and noticed that the /albums/edit has permission code: 666. I tried changing it to 777 or 755, but neither is allowed. It's my server, I don't understand? Can someone help me out?

PHP version: latest (i guess? i don't know how to tell, sorry, i am dumb)
operating system: Windows XP SP2
system settings: I didn't change them from the default settings (except the theme)

link to gallery: www.uticarock.com/cucuzza/cpg132

Thank you.

Casper

re-name the edit folder to something completely different, then create a new edit folder, and chmod that to 777.

Then get the latest copy of picmgmt.inc.php from here and replace your existing one with that.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

cucuzza

You... fucking... rule! Thank you so much! I thought I was going to have to delete the entire gallery and start over! Any idea of why this happens?

Cisi

Thanx Casper .. i try now ! Lots time iv chmoded 775 edit folder and then .. permission denied again . I hope that overwriting picmgmt.inc.php solve the problem .
Thanx again !

Cisi

Edit : the problem persist . Today paermission to edit folder changed again and so error in upload php page .. don't know what to do . I've recreated edit folder with right permission , but this is a real problem .
Other suggestion ?