Uploading files to same album Uploading files to same album

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Uploading files to same album

Started by tsk1979, June 07, 2005, 11:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsk1979

Hi,
When we upload files through the "upload file link" after the upload I have to individually specify to which album each file has to go. So if i upload 5 files to the same album. I have to select the album 5 times and then each image is assigned. This wastes a lot of time and causes unnecessary page loads. Is there a way put all these 5 files in one album in one go rather than on multiple pages. I understand batch add is available, but for that i have to create a dir in the albums dir and then give it 777 rights which is a security risk, or otherwise ask my admin to change owner to www-data(apache). So i am looking for a way to load multiple files via the "upload file" link in one shot rather than assign them the album one by one. I am *not* in single file upload mode, as admin my mode is set to file-URL. So i can upload 5 files in one shot, but assigning them to albums happens one by one which is wasteful if all files are going into one album.

Abbas Ali

No, there is no direct method of doing so. What you can do is use batch add and after successfully placing the files chmod the folder to 755. By doing this i guess your security risk will mitigate.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

tsk1979

Quote from: Abbas Ali on June 07, 2005, 12:14:30 PM
No, there is no direct method of doing so. What you can do is use batch add and after successfully placing the files chmod the folder to 755. By doing this i guess your security risk will mitigate.
I guess thats correct, but lets say i do that, and a few days later i add another file to the same gallery via the web upload method, do i again need to chmod the folder to 777 upload file and then change again, or the files which are uploaded via the web method stored in a different location.

Abbas Ali

Files uploaded via web method are stored in a different location. So you need not chmod the folder to 777. Infact you need not change the permissions unless you are again FTPing the files to the same folder.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Joachim Müller

777 is not a security risk if your server is set up correctly. If your server is not set up correctly, CHMODing 755 should be fine as well. See the dicussion at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=17730.msg82335#msg82335 and the link there.