Error with Duplicate File Warnings Error with Duplicate File Warnings

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Error with Duplicate File Warnings

Started by logopolis, September 07, 2005, 01:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logopolis

Hi

I've finally got Coppermine working and played around with uploading and removing pics.  I decided to then start again with a totally empty Coppermine and uploaded some more pictures. Some uploaded OK, but for most of them I got a red DP and an error saying:

The file is a duplicate and is already in the database.

However, the picture files were all different and I'd never uploaded them in the previous testing attempts. 

What I did find was that the pictures had indeed uploaded but when I tried to view them they didn't view properly. For many pictures when I clicked on them so that they would load full size in their own window, some pictures would and some wouldn't. e.g. I would click a thumbnail and this would show a larger picture.  If I then clicked on that larger picture sometimes it would open full size in it's own window and sometimes it wouldn't.

Can someone please advise me what I need to do to correct this.   How do I deal with the Duplicate Picture issue and how can I always make sure that a picture will load up in it's own window full size when I click on it.

Regards,
Prakash.

Azrayen

Quote from: logopolis on September 07, 2005, 01:44:12 PM
I decided to then start again with a totally empty Coppermine and uploaded some more pictures.

OK, and what did you do to start with a empty CPG ?

Check that you've erased all files and deleted all cpg tables from the database  ?
Afther that only you may re-upload cpg files, then configure the gallery and upload new pics.

I think you forgot the database...

Azy