Error with Duplicate File Warnings Error with Duplicate File Warnings

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Error with Duplicate File Warnings

Started by logopolis, September 07, 2005, 01:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logopolis

Hi

I've finally got Coppermine working and played around with uploading and removing pics.  I decided to then start again with a totally empty Coppermine and uploaded some more pictures. Some uploaded OK, but for most of them I got a red DP and an error saying:

The file is a duplicate and is already in the database.

However, the picture files were all different and I'd never uploaded them in the previous testing attempts. 

What I did find was that the pictures had indeed uploaded but when I tried to view them they didn't view properly. For many pictures when I clicked on them so that they would load full size in their own window, some pictures would and some wouldn't. e.g. I would click a thumbnail and this would show a larger picture.  If I then clicked on that larger picture sometimes it would open full size in it's own window and sometimes it wouldn't.

Can someone please advise me what I need to do to correct this.   How do I deal with the Duplicate Picture issue and how can I always make sure that a picture will load up in it's own window full size when I click on it.

Regards,
Prakash.

Azrayen

Quote from: logopolis on September 07, 2005, 01:44:12 PM
I decided to then start again with a totally empty Coppermine and uploaded some more pictures.

OK, and what did you do to start with a empty CPG ?

Check that you've erased all files and deleted all cpg tables from the database  ?
Afther that only you may re-upload cpg files, then configure the gallery and upload new pics.

I think you forgot the database...

Azy