Not moving files after upload Not moving files after upload

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Not moving files after upload

Started by sVE1, September 22, 2005, 11:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sVE1

Hi there,

Lets start with the default, yes, CTMOD 777 :P When I upload files thru FTP (into a newly created upload folder with 777) and add them with the batch add feature, everything looks fine. Well, until you take a look in the upload dir, the files are still there. It has not always been this way. The gallery is working fine tho, its just a major pain having all those files there. Uploading files thru the web interface works well tho.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

kegobeer

If you have been using Coppermine, then it has always been that way.  Coppermine never has moved images once they are uploaded.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

sVE1

So I guess the only way to not have files in the upload dir is to actually upload them thru the web interface, and create a new upload folder for each batch of uploads you do. I guess I mixed up it up with the web interface upload then. Kinda annoying but I can live with it :P To have them moved from "upload dir" to "album dir" after selecting which album they go into would have been much nicer if you ask me. Thanks for answering.

Sven

artistsinhawaii

Quote from: sVE1 on September 23, 2005, 11:42:51 AM
So I guess the only way to not have files in the upload dir is to actually upload them thru the web interface, and create a new upload folder for each batch of uploads you do. I guess I mixed up it up with the web interface upload then. Kinda annoying but I can live with it :P To have them moved from "upload dir" to "album dir" after selecting which album they go into would have been much nicer if you ask me. Thanks for answering.

Sven

Sven,

When I first started working with Coppermine on my local server, I had the same thoughts.  But after uploading everything to a WebHost, my thoughts on this has changed.  Seeing how slow moving files from one folder is to another can be on my Webhost -- and my Webhost is considered to be pretty fast -- I can see how that might really botch things up and create time out issues if you try to move, size, and create thumbnails of a good sized batch from one folder to another. On a slow server I'd hate to see how small a batch that would have to be be in order to be handled with a single click.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Joachim Müller

yes, why bother about file locations? The database keeps track of the file locations, the human doesn't have to.