reg users can only upload to 'user gallery' need to go to other categories reg users can only upload to 'user gallery' need to go to other categories

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

reg users can only upload to 'user gallery' need to go to other categories

Started by lovemycar, October 04, 2005, 07:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovemycar

Sorry but I am new today to Coppermine. I want registered users to be able to choose a category and then upload their photos to that cat. possibly after creating their own album. All I can get is to upload to the USER GALLERY. Please see: ]]http://www.lovemycar.co.uk/coppermine/index.php// Many thanks

Stramm

yes, users only can create albums in the users category.

But you can create other categories and in them you can create albums. Now open the album properties and allow users to upload into them

lovemycar

OK - thanks - I can create a new album in the category, and in properties set it so that users can post to it, but how does the user get the image to go there? Even selecting this folder in the box that appears after the upload does not put it there. It always ends up in the 'user gallery'. Regards.

Nibbler

Can you post a test user account with rights to upload into these albums ?

lovemycar

As the admin. I can create an album. In its 'properties' I can set ' visitors can upload files. I have set registered visitors to be able to upload. I have set up a 'dummy visitor account' to check what happens. I have tried opening that album before clicking 'upload' I have then selected this album in the dropdown on the page you get after an upload, but it still goes to 'user gallery' ???

Joachim Müller

Quote from: Nibbler on October 04, 2005, 08:54:00 PM
Can you post a test user account with rights to upload into these albums ?
do as suggested and post a test user account.

lovemycar

Thanks - you highlight the word POST - is this somehow technically different to setting up a dummy user account and attempting to upload photos to an album in a category other than the 'user gallery' . If it helps please go to my Coppermine page at:
http://www.lovemycar.co.uk/coppermine/index.php
The registered dummy account is: 'DRPHIL'  and password 'willow' if you would like to have a go to see what happens. Many thanks.

Joachim Müller

tried to log in with the account you posted, but couldn't. Make sure that such information works before posting it - don't make supporters beg. I'm out of this thread >:(.

lovemycar

Many apologies - it should have been DOCTORPHIL with password willow. I am giving up on Coppermine as I think that even if I can get this working then users would find it much too complicated to upload their phots there. I have now put a simple PHP upload form on my site but will have to produce the user pages myself. If my website takes off I may need to revert to Coppermine as an automatic system. Please see:http://www.lovemycar.co.uk - thanks for you help.