thumbnail resizing? thumbnail resizing?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

thumbnail resizing?

Started by MavricK, November 08, 2005, 07:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MavricK

I'm getting a problem of my thumbnail images getting resized to 1x1 pixles? lol i installed a mod pack for watermarking, but stramm staid it wasn't related.. so i should ask here. So anyways, i have random images getting resized to 1x1 ?!

Warning: getimagesize(albums/userpics/10026/005_2A.JPG) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thebeerr/public_html/gallery/updatethumbs.php on line 61

i get that error now also when i run the admin tool to update images..

my site is www.thebeerrun.com/gallery     

Stramm said he has seen this problem before and one of you guys might know?

thanks  ???

MavricK

Warning: getimagesize(albums/userpics/10026/005_2A.JPG) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thebeerr/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 168
ERROR creating:$thumb

that error also?

Stramm

hey, I already explained what these errors mean... and these are not your problem. Your thumbs get created properly. Go and check. Just in your template they get displayed with 0 pixels in height.

Now here's my conclusion. You have deleted the images in http://www.thebeerrun.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=14 outside of coppermine (means with FTP or similar but you left the thumbs intact. The images are still in your mysql db and therefore appeare on your site). When you then run the admintools, they weren't able to find the images and therefore couldn't determine the size of the images. The database got updated with the newly calculated image size that is 0x0 (no image). Now when your thumbs get displayed the system catches the image size out of the db and calculates from that the html img width and height ---> 0 in your case... no thumbs to see.

Not related to the mod pack/ watermark hack... the errors you mention just show that there's no image to be found for the admintools even if they are in the db.

Stramm

Solution:
possibility 1: delete the album and reup it
possibility 2: reup the images and run the admin tools again

1. is foolproof but you'll lose the comments, view count etc

MavricK

hmmm okay, the only time i delete anything on the gallery was using the admin tool and deleting backup of orginal, because i wanted to reduce file size. I guess i wont press that again! Okay, well thank you for the info, i'll just have the member reupload pics i guess :/

Thanks!

Stramm

I think I told you in the other thread what to do?