Other way to batch upload with using HTTP? Other way to batch upload with using HTTP?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Other way to batch upload with using HTTP?

Started by iamfez, November 02, 2007, 01:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamfez

I have a huge gallery and since it's for frame-by-frame images it's sometimes by the thousands that I upload.

Is there anyway I can batch upload to my gallery without going through the HTTP method? It's using up too much of my hosts resources and they've disabled my database because of it.

Pascal YAP

Maybe an other way, is to use XP_PUBLISH.PHP.
If you run Windows, you can use it.
See your DOC for more infos.

PYAP

Joachim Müller

Well, the batch-add function built into Coppermine doesn't use HTTP, but assumes FTP as upload mechanism and then batch-adds multiple files in one go. Did you read the corresponding section of the docs before asking?

iamfez

Sorry I said that wrong before. I know that it assumes that FTP is the uploader, what I meant is there another way to batch add at all? It's the batch adding that's using up all my hosts resources.

I'll check out that XP_PUBLISH.PHP

Hein Traag