FTP and subdirectories problem FTP and subdirectories problem

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

FTP and subdirectories problem

Started by bedford, November 13, 2007, 02:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedford

Hi all,

I've V1.4.10 installed and I'm trying to add files using Batch file. I've Uploaded files on the server using FTP in this structure:
albums/mydir/0
albums/mydir/1 - first dir
albums/mydir/2 - second dir
albums/mydir/3 - third dir

I then go in FTP=> then select mydir and then suprise ! there is nothing there. No subdir 0, 1....etc.

What's appening ? If I go to the other directories where I've the same structure, the subdirs are present and I can select them to pick the pictures and install them on a new album.

Please help me !!! I'm getting crazy. I've changed the rights of the directories, subdir and pictures but no way to get it to work.

Stramm

Please post a direct link to one of the files you're trying to batch add.

Stramm

Update to the latest stable release 1.4.14

bedford

Quote from: Stramm on November 13, 2007, 06:04:27 PM
Update to the latest stable release 1.4.14
Hi Stramm,

just installed 1.4.14 and runned update.php: didn't fix the problem.
I figured out that when the folder is created with the server admin password they aren't shown but if I copy the folder with the server utils (with httpd account) the folder are shown in Batch file processing.
Could be a right problem ? the batch listing seem not to see the folder if it is not the owner.
Bedford

Stramm

You're right, looks like permission problems. Check permissions and owner of the 'server generated' dirs and appy these to your uploaded ones (chmod/ chown)

bedford

stange this need to change owner...permission is at 777 on dirs...
Anyway I did a copy from the server admin tool wich makes the new dirs owned by https then I could do it.

Anyway this seems a bug.

Cheers.

Stramm

no bug, that's actually your server setup. It doesn't allow php (other owner than your FTP uploads) to access/ modify your FTP uploads. If you wish another behaviour, change your server setup.

Joachim Müller

It's not wise to shout "bug" if you don't know your way around...