Thumbnails On Category Index Thumbnails On Category Index

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Thumbnails On Category Index

Started by drinkingsouls, November 14, 2007, 01:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinkingsouls

Hey, I installed Coppermine yesterday and its working great.
I know that you can add categories and assign a thumbnail to them from one of the albums inside but is it possible to assign a thumbnail from a catergory inside a category?

Ill try to explain, I mean like this:

Index > Main Category > Inside Category > Albums

I know that Inside Category have a thumbnail assigned to it from one of the images inside, but is it possible to also set a thumbnail for the Main Category? If its not a config setting then is there a way or mod to do it?
Thanks

Joachim Müller

Quote from: drinkingsouls on November 14, 2007, 01:02:28 PM
is it possible to assign a thumbnail from a catergory inside a category?
Simple and straightforward answer: no.

Has been discussed often already and is being covered in the docs.

Stramm

If you use a ttol like phpmyadmin to directly chnage db entries you can do that. Backup your database before messing around with it.
In the categories table find the fiels 'thumb' of the category you want to apply some thumb from an album not residing in this very category. Enter the absolute ID (you can find it in the pic info area, the number after the - within the URL to the pic) of the pic in that field. 

bybkata

Quote from: Stramm on November 15, 2007, 08:19:53 AM
If you use a ttol like phpmyadmin to directly chnage db entries you can do that. Backup your database before messing around with it.
In the categories table find the fiels 'thumb' of the category you want to apply some thumb from an album not residing in this very category. Enter the absolute ID (you can find it in the pic info area, the number after the - within the URL to the pic) of the pic in that field. 

Dear Stramm,

did you suceed in doing that? I've tried to modify the table cpg_categories as you described above and put a pic ID for the Thumbnail, but no thumbnail is been applied to all Main categories with no albums and only sub-categoreis in it. Is there anything else that should be done?

Regards
bybkata

Stramm

yup, there needs to be an album in the category you want to assign a thumbnail, even if it's an empty one.

bybkata

Quote from: Stramm on November 15, 2007, 08:10:04 PM
yup, there needs to be an album in the category you want to assign a thumbnail, even if it's an empty one.

Yes, of course! It was a stupid question from my side  ;)

Thank you for the hint!

drinkingsouls

Im a bit confused. I opened the categories table and then went into the 'Scans' table, which is the name of the category I want to add a thum too.

I then saw this:  [Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlink to screenshot with attachment [/Edit]
I see the thumb value at the bottom and turned it to 1 as you can see. I then saved it but theres still no thumbnail.
Whas there anything else I was meant to do?
Thanks

Stramm

an album needt to be in the category... as stated above
and
QuoteEnter the absolute ID (you can find it in the pic info area, the number after the - within the URL to the pic) of the pic in that field.
not just a '1'. Make sure an image with that absolut id exists

drinkingsouls

But if theres an album inside the category then that defeats the point of the question in the first place. I want to assign a thumb to a category within a category.

This is how my gallery is set out:

Index page > Scans (Category) > 2006 (Category) > Albums

The 2006 category can have a thumb assigned to it because there is an album inside. There is no albums inside the Scans category.

Is this not possible?

Stramm

drinkingsouls

Stramm

drinkingsouls

The admin mentioned that is 'is being covered in the docs.' Does this mean that a later release will have it?

Joachim Müller

It is being covered in the docs that you can only choose a category thumbnail from an album that directly resides in the category and that you can not pick a thumbnail from an album that resides within a sub-album. That's what I meant with "covered in the docs": it is covered in the docs that what you're up to isn't possible. That's why I said
Quote from: GauGau on November 15, 2007, 08:03:56 AMSimple and straightforward answer: no.

There's no use in insisting and keeping on asking how to accomplish this - if this feature was easy to add, we would have added it long ago. If you need it badly, code it, but don't ask us for help on this - if we knew the asnwer, we would code it ourselves.

This thread ends here.