Exceded FileSize Exceded FileSize

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Exceded FileSize

Started by coolhead, June 27, 2004, 04:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolhead

The CPG 1.3 don't control the limit of the filesize. I upload one file (using multiple uploads "5 boxes") and this execed the limit of filesize in CPG.

here is the example (i copy & paste from my web) : 5187/5120 KB

Don't say me the msg of exceded limit.

Thanks Bruno.

omniscientdeveloper

I don't quite understand you, but maybe this is the cause:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=5843.0

-omni

coolhead

No, sorry. My english is not good. I try again to explain the problem.

When a user is uploading a file or photo, and he exceded the max allowed, for example : Groups Members has 5000 kb on disk for his albums. They can upload picture, and it isn't important the limit.
The program "upload.php" don't control the limit of the files uploaded from users.

Thanks Bruno

ronny

I have the same problem.  :\'(

My Coppermine looks so: (Admin)

Benutzername  Gruppe          Registriert am     Operationen             Bilder       Speicherplatzverbrauch / Quota
einser-gti         Inaktiv           05.Juli 2004        bearbeiten löschen   0             0 kB 200 kB
Shrek              Registered     03.Juli 2004        bearbeiten löschen   0             0 kB 200 kB
hoeness          Registered      01.Juli 2004       bearbeiten löschen    3            248 kB 200 kB  
admin             Administrators 30.Mai 2004       bearbeiten löschen     0            0 kB 10240 kB

and here is the problem

--->screenshot

Please help us. When a user can upload 50 pics my host crashes.

Thank you.

coolhead

The problem is when you configure a user in 2 or more groups and the groups has diferent cuotas.

Thanks Bruno

ronny

No, sorry. I have tried this, but this is not the problem.  :\'(

Please help. Has no coppermise user this problem?

Joachim Müller

please post a screenshot of your groups settings as well (you can attach the screenshot to your post, using the "additional options" at the bottom left of the "compose message" screen).

GauGau

ronny

here is the screenshot

[attachment deleted by admin]

Joachim Müller

I must admit I have no clue what happens there. Maybe some other dev could look into this? Sorry...

GauGau

Casper

I have done several tests on this, and am unable to replicate this, except by changing the quota after upload was done.  The upload file has changed since the 1.3.0 was bundled.  Have you got the latest copy from the stable branch of the cvs.

If not, try that and see if it still happens.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Tarique Sani

Hmmm... this could be the side effect of reversing of bit maths that we did when large quota settings were breaking the install....
Willl have to test
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

ronny

Thank you. I have the latest version of coppermine.

Have no user of coppermine the same problem?

When the limit for a user is 200kb, why he can upload 300kb?  ???

Thank you for your help.  ;)

Casper

What version of upload.php do you have?
Look near the top of the file. The latest is;
QuoteCVS version: $Id: upload.php,v 1.6 2004/07/09 06:57:35 gaugau Exp $

If yours is different, get the latest from the cvs stable branch, and see if that fixes it.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/coppermine/stable/upload.php
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

taz

I have obtained the updated upload.php file and tested it as a new user on my gallery.

it looks like the quota limit does NOT work if the files are uploaded in the public albums. Seems like the quota only apllies to the users' own created album.

Can someone confirm this?

ronny

That is the problem what i mean.  :\'(

taz

is there any fix for this?

Casper

Please confirm this issue still exists after upgrading to 1.3.1.

ronny

I don´t know what you mean.  ???

I am from Germany and my English is not good. Sorry.

Casper

Hi Ronny,

we issued an updated version today, 1.3.1, which fixes all known bugs in 1.3.0.

Please download it, replace all your files, and then run update.php.

Then test to see if your users can still upload more than the quota.

taz

Quote from: Casper on July 15, 2004, 08:18:44 PM
Hi Ronny,

we issued an updated version today, 1.3.1, which fixes all known bugs in 1.3.0.

Please download it, replace all your files, and then run update.php.

Then test to see if your users can still upload more than the quota.

do you mean upload.php Revision 1.6 ??
I have already upgraded my upload file to 1.6 but it still does not work

seems like the limit only applies for personal album