Images not displaying (thumbs, normal, full) Images not displaying (thumbs, normal, full)

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Images not displaying (thumbs, normal, full)

Started by Hanna., January 23, 2012, 12:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanna.

Weeks ago I switched hosts and they backup-ed my database for Coppermine and moved it from http://67.159.44.20/~kristind/photos to http://kristindaily.org/photos/. If you hit those two pages you will see the difference pretty clear. I have tried to run update.php and admin tools to update everything but none of it works.

I'm not sure what to try next? I need the photos to work... I have over 30,000 files in there.

Please help me out!

Αndré

I just checked some picture paths and always got an HTTP 404 error code. Please check your albums directory if your files & folders are present at the new location.

Hanna.

It will take a while, but don't close this topic just yet. The database backup went through, now I just need to transfer the files? Then what? I run update.php or?

Thanks,

Hanna.

I have figured that out now. But I still have one question... Is it possible to block hotlinking for certain images on my server. In this case I'd like to protect my normal_ (prefix pics). Can somebody give me the PHP code for it or whatever? I really need it. Thanks.

Stramm

.htaccess
<Files normal_*>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from localhost
</Files>

that'll allow local scripts to access the pics. If you do not want that, remove the line starting with Allow

Hanna.

Quote from: Stramm on February 06, 2012, 11:41:53 AM
.htaccess
<Files normal_*>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from localhost
</Files>

that'll allow local scripts to access the pics. If you do not want that, remove the line starting with Allow

Fantastic! It works!!! Thank you SO much!

Hanna.

It works with the hotlinking, but what if I upload the .htaccess to the /photos directory? Then the photos on public_html won't get affected, right? As it looks now, Facebook can't reach my photos from the mainpage... It's because of these .htaccess settings.

Αndré

Please read and follow our board rules.

Marking as solved and locking.