Can someone help me please??? Can someone help me please???

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Can someone help me please???

Started by Lena, August 18, 2004, 09:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lena

I am having sooo much trouble with my gallery. Most of my images wont upload and when i tried to batch add pictures i get this error:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): 'albums/pictures/2.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /home/mslenaj/public_html/GsGallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 176
The image you have uploaded is corrupted or can't be handled by the GD library

Can someone please help me? Its not letting me add many images. Am i doing sumn wrong? Please help me.

Thank you..  :)

Lena

Joachim Müller

read the sticky threads on the upoads sub-board (the ones with a pin icon). Allow some time for supporters to react (days, not hours) before bumping. Maybe nobody reacted beacuse you didn't supply enough information? ;)
Most helpfull would be a link and a test user account (non-admin) with upload privileges, so supporters could test this for themselves.

GauGau

P.S. Using a subject that actually summarizes your problem would have made supporters more likely to answer your question...

Lena

Sorry. I was waiting for a reply, I didnt wanna leave all my info if no one was gonna help me.

Well for one some of my images dont show up I see an x instead of the picture then when i click the link i see this message:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): 'albums/morepics/cg.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /home/mslenaj/public_html/GsGallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 154
The image you have uploaded is corrupted or can't be handled by the GD library

Here's the url http://so-anxious.sweet-exstacy.net/GsGallery/index.php Can someone at least email me and let me know when they have registered so i would know who and when to change their status so u can check it out. Here's my email mslovelyangel04@aol.com

Thanks in advance to the person who helps me.  :)

Casper

If you want the supporters to help by testing your site, you will have to create a test user account (with upload permissions for your problem) and post the loon details here.

We will not go through the registration process, putting our email addresses on sites we do not know, every time someone needs us to help.

Have you checked the images are good, not too big for the server, and are in rgb format.  For some reason, gd cannot cope with jpg files in cmyk format.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Lena

I'm sorry.

Ok i made the test account using test for the password. I'm not sure whats wrong? All of my images are jpg and only some shows up. When i use batch add. :)

Casper

First, please delete that test account immediately, as you gave it admin access.

I looked at your failed pics, which were all small.  I tried uploading them by normal upload, and they still failed.
I then saved one using a decent image application, and it now uploads fine.  So it looks to me like the software you are using to save these pics is not compatable with GD.  Try using a different application to save them.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Lena

Ok you mean use a different software to upload the pics? Thanks for your help.  ;D ;)

kegobeer

No, he means use a different program to make your images with.  There appears to be a compatibility problem between how your image creation software saves your images and the image manipulation software (GD) that Coppermine uses.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

freakfly

Try to use the winXP publisher! It's easy and cpg is full compatible with the pictures it creates.

Casper

XP publisher will not help here, because the files are already saved in a small size, so will not be re-sized.

He would be better using a software like irfanview to batch convert and save.  It is not the upload process that is causing the problem, but the program he is saving these pics with is not saving these in a way that can be recognised by GD, even though they are jpg.

Lena

Lena

You guys are angels. I download that software and it worked. Thank you so much.  ;) ;D