internal server erorr on upload internal server erorr on upload

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

internal server erorr on upload

Started by bcas400e, October 10, 2005, 01:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcas400e

hi,

I am getting the internal server error on upload. Followed the trouble shooting tutprial, and still don't see anything.

if anyone can help, I would appreciate it!

you can login here with test, test.

http://www.nwsaorchestradragons.org/photos

Thanks!!

Brad

artistsinhawaii

As admin, you would normally use FTP to upload.  Users would use the Upload file option.

In all cases, you must have at least ONE album created for these to work.

I just uploaded a pic to your site without a hitch.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

bcas400e

yeah,

I uploaded a small file 144k, after I saw yours. Then I tried one that is 544k. NOPE! Doesn't work.

I knew that I had to create an album, so I did the first time.

Weird, huh? I still don't know why the larger file won't go. I uploaded several small (144 - 256k) jpg files. but when I attempt to upload an acutal photo that is around 750k, I get the server erorr.

I upped the file size limit to 5000k, but that doesn't seem to help.

artistsinhawaii

what is your maximum file size setting under Config? under the advanced settings?

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

bcas400e

I don't see an advanced settings in Config, but I do see this -

Max size for uploaded files (KB)  -  5000

artistsinhawaii

check your disk quota for users and also see if the ftp/batch add function works for you as an admin for larger files.

bcas400e

ok,

I upped the disk quota to 500000 for me and the admin ID. it still errors out.

you try uploading a larger file and see what you get!

artistsinhawaii

Quote from: bcas400e on October 10, 2005, 02:22:51 AM
ok,

I upped the disk quota to 500000 for me and the admin ID. it still errors out.

you try uploading a larger file and see what you get!

did you change the GROUP quota for Users?

artistsinhawaii

Know what?

I think you are having a timeout issue with your webhost.  Check with them to see if that is the case.

Dennis

bcas400e

will do,

but what can they do to fix this? I am new to this, so it's not all clear in some cases!

Also, if I go into Dreamweaver and lookin the files on the server, I can see ALL the files I uploaded into coppermine. Even the larger ones, they just don't show up in coppermine. is that something else wrong?

Thanks for your help!!! :)

BCA

artistsinhawaii

Quote from: bcas400e on October 10, 2005, 02:36:28 AM
will do,

but what can they do to fix this? I am new to this, so it's not all clear in some cases!

Also, if I go into Dreamweaver and lookin the files on the server, I can see ALL the files I uploaded into coppermine. Even the larger ones, they just don't show up in coppermine. is that something else wrong?

Thanks for your help!!! :)

BCA
Just tell them that the script to resize files and create thumbnails seems to be running out of time or temp space in the server.

You also might want to enable error debug mode in CONFIG for Admin only and see if any other error message displays.

As a work around, you move the big files you have on your server into a temporary folder,  batch resize your original files using a third party program,  using the the same file names. Make them slightly bigger than your intermediate settings in Config.  Ftp those and do a batch add of them.  Then replace those resized originals with the "big" originals.

Dennis

artistsinhawaii

btw,  you are using GD v2  for Method for resizing images  in Config, right?  ;)

Dennis

Joachim Müller

error 500 is always related to server setup. Allowing huge pics (both in file size and dimensions) in coppermine's config is just wishfull thinking if your server setup doesn't allow such large files to be processed. Take a look at the sticky threads on the upload board to get an idea what server-sided settings might interfere. As there are many and we can't look into your exact server setup, this is something you'll have to figure out together with your webhost. Depending on your webhost's attitude (and the amount you're paying for webhosting), the readiness from your webhost to change any of the php.ini settings for you might be zero. Ask them to review the server logs, they should tell you what exactly caused the 500 "internal server error".

bcas400e

Hi,

Thanks for all the help!

I will do that, they have been pretty good and actually promote the use of Coppermine, so I would like to think they will be willing to make this thing work!

Thanks again!

BCA

Abbas Ali

Quote from: bcas400e on October 10, 2005, 01:39:19 AM
Weird, huh? I still don't know why the larger file won't go. I uploaded several small (144 - 256k) jpg files. but when I attempt to upload an acutal photo that is around 750k, I get the server erorr.

I was able to upload a 865K photo on your site in "1st we create an album to upload to" album. Check it.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Stramm

Just what I've noticed.. maybe it helps your host to fix the problem.

I've tried to upload an image 2048x1536 1.8mb -> 500 ISR
reduced the size down to 497k still -> 500 ISR

resized to 1024x768, size 800k...  no problem. This one uploads

bcas400e

Hi,

Yes I see that you did! That is good. I am wondering if that is a setting in the coppermine config that should change? I emailed my web hosting service, but haven't heard from them, yet.

I would think that any dimension photo should be handled, is that correct?

Thanks!

Brad

Stramm

as already said above the 500 error is a container for everything apache can't specify. If apache doesn't know I do neither. Only thing I can say if it happens with php the the php engined terminated abnormally. Just strange is that php is build to not do that. Even if I write the worst code on earth it shouldn't lead to an internal server error
So my guess is a miscunfigured GD etc.

Wait what your host will tell you. I just thought it may help you or your host that different image dimensions (therefore my GD guess) make a difference

Abbas Ali

If you have a cPanel then there is an option called as "Error Logs". This will show the details as to what is causing the 500 error.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

bcas400e

Hi,

I am familiar with Cpanel, but this hosting provider, DotEasy, doesn't provide that. It's not my site, but a client's site.

I changed a setting in CONFIG for the width and height of pics to 2048 for both. maybe that will help?

I don't have any large enough pics here at work, so if you guys want to try to send a larger dimension photo again, that would be cool!

Again, thanks for the great support!! :)

Brad