IM upload problem IM upload problem

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

IM upload problem

Started by wschom, June 30, 2004, 10:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wschom

I get this error when uploading a file.

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [""C:/Program Files/ImageMagick-6.0.2-Q16convert" -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 150x115 "D:/WebPics/./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_74436322.jpg" "D:/WebPics/./albums/edit/preview_75064c5f.jpg""] in D:\WebPics\include\picmgmt.inc.php on line 152

This is a 2003 server. IM is installed and security is set to allow the two IIS accounts full control. The path is also correct.
I have tried installing IM to a directory without a space and have the exact same result.

Please help!

Casper

It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

alcazar

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: -1
Unable to fork

Reference from another gallery program (not sure if it is all necessary):

Two things that are Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0 specific:

First of all, during the uploading of a picture, gallery runs cmd.exe that runs ImageMagick\convert. The security identifier trying to add the converted picture to your gallery turns out to be NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE and not IUSR_<server>. This means that in order to upload pictures that are larger than the specified thumbnail size (those that need to be resized) then you'll need to give "NETWORK SERVICE" "Write" access to your albums directory. It will already have "List Folder Contents" inherited from above.

I only needed to give CMD.EXE Read & Execute permissions for the IUSR_<server> in windows\system32 to make it all work.

oraculo

Ok. I had the same problem (Under WinXP Pro + IIS + PHP + MySQL + ImageMagick) and I solved it by allowing read & execute permissions to IUSR_<SERVER> on cmd.exe file.

But I think it can be a security issue, don't ya think?

Anyone solved the problem somehow else?

Regards,
El OrÁCuLO te dijo lo que necesitabas oir
OrACLE told you exactly what you needed to hear