[Solved]: /userpics/1001 not writable [Solved]: /userpics/1001 not writable

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

[Solved]: /userpics/1001 not writable

Started by miljenko, July 16, 2004, 11:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miljenko

...and the other two folders for batch-add ( wpw-20040615   Not writable.  
wpw-20040618   Not writable. ). This happens even though all the folders are set to 755 and all the files to 644, as is specified in config. ??? This ultimately renders the upload function impossible, i.e. I can't upload a damn thing. This happened only recently, fortunately I still have files from before, but I cannot upload anything from now on.

Help :\'(

http://villa-ankora.com/coppermine

Joachim Müller

post a test user account (non-admin) with upload privileges please.

GauGau

miljenko

Quote from: GauGau on July 16, 2004, 11:20:39 AM
post a test user account (non-admin) with upload privileges please.

GauGau

OK. Please login as:

ID: testuser
PASS: testuser

http://villa-ankora.com/coppermine

Casper

It's possible your host has changed something.

Try chmodding the folders to 777, and pics to 666, and see if that works.  If it does, change the values in config.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

miljenko

Quote from: Casper on July 16, 2004, 11:46:03 AM
It's possible your host has changed something.

Try chmodding the folders to 777, and pics to 666, and see if that works.  If it does, change the values in config.

I tried that, of course. :o But, I have a silly hosting provider. It just does not allow me to change to 777, or 666, only to 755 and 644, thats maximum. But, you envisaged this kind of problem and in your instructions allowed users to opt between 777 and 755, didn't you? :\'(

Casper

OK, I just uploaded a smal pic fine, which means the folders are writable.
But looking at your info, it seems you are uploading by the xp_publish function. 
First, as admin, you are advised to upload by ftp, into new folders in the 'albums' folder, not in the 'userpics' folder, and then use the batchadd facility.

Also, try setting the normal upload box to allow 10 at a time, at the moment it is set to 1 for normal users.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

miljenko

Quote from: Casper on July 16, 2004, 11:59:23 AM
OK, I just uploaded a smal pic fine, which means the folders are writable.
But looking at your info, it seems you are uploading by the xp_publish function.  
First, as admin, you are advised to upload by ftp, into new folders in the 'albums' folder, not in the 'userpics' folder, and then use the batchadd facility.

Also, try setting the normal upload box to allow 10 at a time, at the moment it is set to 1 for normal users.

I created a new album called /upload under /albums and everything works fine. Strange problem, don't you think. Thanks for your great help guys! ;D