batch upload shows no directories since upgrade to 1.3.2 batch upload shows no directories since upgrade to 1.3.2

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

batch upload shows no directories since upgrade to 1.3.2

Started by fog, October 23, 2004, 07:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fog

I upgraded and everything works fine, except that now when I go to batch upload, it shows no listing of folders from my userpics directory.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Casper

Please read the docs.  You were never meant to put the pics in the userpics directory, you are supposed to create your directories within the albums directory.

The userpics directory is now hidden from the batch add, to prevent users causing problems by putting them there.

Do not move any pics already added, but do not put any more there.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

harzenmoser

as you suggest i created a directory in the folder "albums". the persmissions are set on 777 (write, execute). but i can't see any folder on "add batch"! i already created directories in different subfolders - no way  :\'(

evargas

I have the same problem upload process went flawless. Still I don't get any directory showing at all..

Albums directory has:

drwxr-xr-x    2 acalderonjr psacln       4096 Oct 15 00:36 edit
-rwxrwxrwx    1 acalderonjr psacln       1447 Oct 15 00:36 index.html
drwxr-xr-x    2 acalderonjr psacln       4096 Oct 27 10:25 upload          <--- Pictures to be uploades
drwxr-xr-x  109 acalderonjr psacln       4096 Oct 17 10:11 userpics

Joachim Müller

Browsing to http://mundomotorizado.com/fotos/albums/upload/ gives me "403 forbidden". Obviously, you haven't set permissions appropriately, or you have an .htaccess file in place that keeps me (and the script) from accessing the folder.

Joachim

evargas

Indexes are completly off on Apache.

Still I am guess is not a premission problem. Eveything is fully open, 777 at directory level and files level.

You can now browser http://mundomotorizado.com/fotos/albums/upload/ since I add a .htaccess with Indexes on.

Hopefully this can be resolve since we like coppermine alot.

TIA

evargas

I found that the problem is the fullpath settings... Since  CPG11D it is  /fotos/albums only.

If I change it to my the real  physical path it should be /data/vhosts/mundomotorizado.com/httpdocs/fotos/albums/ for example.

But when doing so the images url change to have the url + fullpath including the physical path.

My current workaround is to add the physicalpath before every $CONFIG['fullpath'] in searchnew.php

CVS version: $Id: searchnew.php,v 1.6 2004/07/24 15:03:53 gaugau Exp $

Joachim Müller

back up your existing searchnew.php and get the most recent one (v1.9) from the stable cvs, replace the one on your server with the new one and try again.

Joachim

evargas

I did check the CVS to see if there was any fix but none of them have that situation. I still install v1.9 on my server and I got the same problem. No directories to select.

BMWHeaven

Finally...
After 3 hours of searching I found the solution... I also had problems with the path, just added the physical path before every $CONFIG['fullpath'] :)
Thanks a lot!

Joachim Müller

the relative path should be perfectly OK, you better check with your webhost - your server settings seem to be wrong if you needed to hardcode absolute paths.

Joachim